For a healthy breakfast or afternoon snack, this simple granola recipe is nutritional and yummy. Oats are rich in antioxidants, protein, iron and fibre – all of which contribute to glowing skin.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- EXTRAS: add your favourites, like pepitas, hazelnuts, sultanas, cranberries, apricots
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, almonds in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Line a cooking tray with baking paper and spread the granola mixture evenly.stir. Re-spread the granola and put back in the oven.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely before storing in a re-used jar.
- Serve with dried fruit, fresh fruit & coconut yoghurt, or eat by the handful for a tasty snack!